Comfort food - Homemade Pork Wonton Soup

 

Pork wonton is one of my favorite comfort foods especially in the cooler months.  Warm, filling and homemade it just hits the spot.  My kids love to jump in and 'wrap' them whenever I make them so I thought I'd share how my family makes it.  

What you'll need:

1-2 packs wonton wrappers

1lb ground pork

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 tsp ginger powder

2 tsp soy sauce

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tbsp rice wine (optional)

1/2 can water chestnut (diced)

1/2 can bamboo shoot (diced)

1 egg

1/4 tsp five spice seasoning

*shrimp - optional.  Peel and cut in half then place in a bowl.  Sprinkle a little salt and pepper before adding into your wonton.

What to do:

Mix all the above ingredients together.

Lay out 1 wonton wrapper

1 tbsp of pork filling

Dip your finger in water and lightly wet the edges of the wonton wrapper

Fold over edges to make a triangle

Dip and wet one corner

Wrap around two corners together

Press

Set aside on a cookie sheet

On the stove you will need two pots.  One for water and one for chicken broth.  If I am using store bought I use 2 cartons because I do not dilute it with water.  Add in 2 slices of ginger and 1/4 tsp salt.  

In the pot of boiling water.  Put in wontons.  Cook for 5 mins after they float to the top.  

Transfer wontons to the pot of boiling chicken broth.  Cook another 5 mins.  

Dish up and enjoy!  We like to top it with some sliced green onion and a tiny bit of soy sauce and sesame oil for extra flavor.  

Head over to these accounts to see what my friends made!

Danielle Instagram / Blog

Kay Instagram / Blog

Amna Instagram / Blog




Comments

  1. I love wonton! They look delicious. I will have to read the recipe. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wonton! They look delicious. I will have to read the recipe. 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment