Quick & Easy Chile Verde con Queso

 

We all love a good recipe so it's only fitting that I share one with you today!  This quick and easy recipe just needs 5 ingredients!  Minimal prep then bake it up in the oven.  It’s perfect for a busy weekday dinner when you are short on time but still want to sit down to a homemade meal.  

Ingredients:

- 3-5 potatoes (sliced)

- 2 c shredded cheese

- 1 can las palmas green enchilada sauce

- 2 cans green Chile’s (I used Trader Joe’s diced green Chile)

- 1 onion (diced)

- 1tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder

- Casserole dish 9x13

- foil or oven safe lid


Prep:

Thinly slice up 3 - 5 potatoes.  (I overestimated this time but used the extra potatoes for another meal).  

Dice up your onion.

Open your cans (I got the large can of las palmas green enchilada sauce so I split it into 2).


What to do:

Preheat oven to 350f.

Make your layers starting with the sauce.  Pour 1/3 of your sauce to cost the bottom of the pan.  Layer your potatoes.  Sprinkle 1/2 your spice mix (salt, pepper and garlic powder).  Add 1/2 your onions and spread out.  Make a layer of cheese.  Evenly spread out 1 can of diced green chiles.  Repeat until casserole is full or you have used up ingredients.  

Cover with foil or oven safe lid.  Bake at 350f for 45 mins.  Check that the potatoes are cooked throughly.  If not add time to cook to your desired softness.  Remove foil and bake for 15 mins at 375f to crisp and brown the top layer.  

My friends are sharing some tasty recipes today as well so head over to these accounts to check them out! 

Kay Blog & Instagram

Morgan Blog & Instagram



Comments

  1. Yum! This looks so good. I love the fun twist on a classic like cheesey potatoes. I'm definitely going to add the ingredients to my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soo simple and delicious. I will definitely try . Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment