7 Fun ways to use Chalkola Chalk Pens

Have you heard of Chalkola Chalk Markers?  Or chalk pens?  I recently had the chance to test out Chalkola Chalk Markers.  The pack included 40 chalk markers (30 basic colors and 10 fun metallic colors), a set of labels and a mini chalkboard sign.  These came at the perfect time because school started last week and my kids got to use them to decorate their First Day of school signs!   

If you haven't used these before let’s talk about how easy it is to get started!  These chalk markers are really easy to use and to erase!  First you need to prime your chalk marker - uncap and push down on the tip 3 times.  Then shake for about 10 seconds.  

The chalk markers actually have two tip options and it is really easy to switch between the two options, just pull it out, turn it around and set it back into the marker. 

To erase just use water!  A damp paper towel or a baby wipe erased the chalk.  After the chalk dried it didn’t smudge like regular chalk either! 

7 fun ways to use Chalkola Chalk Markers:

1.  Draw on a chalkboard - My kids had fun drawing a Happy Birthday picture for their brother who turned 2 years old on their large Ikea chalkboard.  

2.  Daily message - I like to write daily messages on our bathroom mirror and usually I use post its.  I decided to try using the Chalkola chalk markers and it worked!  The pens make it easy to write with no dripping and easy to erase!

3.  Label items - I used the included sticker labels to label my flour, sugar and oatmeal containers.

4.  Paint rocks - we used these to decorate some rocks and left them around the neighborhood.  At our old home there was a fb page for this called Calvert rocks.  The idea was to decorate rocks with happy messages and plant them around town.  It was a fun scavenger hunt wherever we went.  You could post your rock finds on the fb page then re locate it for another person to find!

5.  Chalkboard signs - my sons had fun decorating their First day of school signs while my daughter used the mini chalkboard sign.  To erase I just simply used a damp paper towel and they would just wipe over it once or twice.  No chalky residue left behind and would write over it once it was dried.  

6.  Drawings - I gave the kids construction paper and they made a few thank you cards.  The Chalkola chalk markers worked just as smoothly on the construction paper as it did on the chalkboard!

7.  Writing or spelling practice - Instead of using sheets of paper to practice for his spelling test I had my son pick a color from the box and used the mini chalkola chalkboard sign.  He loved being able to pick a color and thought using the chalk marker was much easier than a piece of chalk.  Plus this will cut down on using sheets of paper too!

If you would like to get your hands on your own set of Chalkola chalk markers go to the Chalkola website and use code STEPHANIEY10 for 10% off or go to Amazon and use code CHALKOLA10 for 10% off!  They also have lots of other fun art supplies like dot markers, acrylic paint, dry erase and more!





Disclaimer:  I was gifted these products by Chalkola in return for an honest review however all opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. Very cool! I will to try these... I have chalkboards everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I will to try these... I have chalkboards everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are hands down the best chalk markers EVERE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment