Make It Yourself! Homemade waffles


Happy Sunday!  I love it when my husband makes breakfast with the kids for me and one of my favorites is homemade waffles.  We have this awesome waffle maker that stands upright so it takes up very little space and is non stick.  I definitely recommend this one because we got it in December and is still non stick!


What you’ll need:


  • Waffle maker
  • Mixing bowls
  • Measuring cups & spoons


Ingredients:


  • 4 c flour
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 c butter (1 stick)
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 c buttermilk (I make my own)


Directions:


  • Prep - Mix 3 c milk and 3 tbsp lemon juice in mixing bowl then set aside for 15-20 mins.
  • Measure out and mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl then set aside.
  • Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
  • In a large mixing bowl whisk 3 eggs then add in melted butter slowly.  
  • Pour in buttermilk and then vanilla into egg mixture.  
  • Mix in dry ingredients into batter.
  • Plug in waffle maker and scoop out 1 c batter to pour into waffle maker.
  • When light turns green open and place waffle onto your plate.  Enjoy!!


The kids have fun helping my husband make breakfast and I get to enjoy a few more minutes sleeping or enjoying my morning coffee!  This morning we topped them with fresh strawberries but I usually just stick with plain organic maple syrup.

What toppings do you like on your waffles?

Comments

Post a Comment