Hello world!

Giving birth during this pandemic was a bit different....

Luckily my husband was allowed to stay with me for the delivery and afterwards.  The rules and guidelines changed just a few days before we went to the hospital!  We were required to wear masks, we were both tested for Covid 19 once we got into the labor and delivery room (we were both negative) and could not leave the room.  If we had tested positive somehow my baby would’ve been separated from me?  I’m not quite sure how that works but I’m really happy we didn’t have to go through that scenario...


My darling kids took it upon themselves to write down some house rules to follow while we were at the hospital.  Thankfully my parents came before everything shut down or shelter in place became the new normal and were here to help us.


My induction went smoothly and after waiting all day our sweet baby boy came into the world at 11:10pm on May 8th!  Wearing a mask for most of the day and during labor was not easy but with the pandemic my husband and I were asked to wear one when others were in the room.  Welcome to the world Jonah.


We are so in love already and thankful to the medical staff for taking such good care of me and our baby boy!

Comments