Ski week in Quebec

I decided it would be fun to join some friends and their families up in Quebec for a week of fun in the snow!  It hadn’t really crossed my mind how crazy it might seem to others until my friend asked me if I was really going to go?  My plan was to rent a house with my friend and her family for the week.  Then Chris was going to fly up to Montreal after night class Thursday to meet us then drive home with us on Sunday.  Which left me to road trip up there (7 hour drive) with 5 kids on my own plus 4 days of snow fun.

Let’s just say we had a blast!  The kids loved every minute and took to skiing so fast.  I’m so proud of them and how they handled themselves.  I’ll be honest, it was a struggle.  I was 24 weeks pregnant and exhausted but it was worth it.  Getting 5 kiddos dressed for snowy weather is not an easy task especially on your own but we managed to stay warm and have fun.

My boys had never been skiing before and were so excited to try it out.  We went everyday to the ski slopes and did the whole rental and trek out to the bunny hill.  My youngest two kiddos were champs and just hung out playing in the snow or napping in the stroller while the big kids went up on the moving carpet and down the bunny hill.  Over and over they went then we had a break for lunch and then they were back at it.  By the third day they were no longer falling but were turning and stopping!  It was awesome! 










For the week I packed all our snow gear into one large duffel  then pbk backpacks for each kid.  An additional small duffle for baby and I.  One big plastic bag for snow boots and two totes for groceries/snacks.  I drive a Honda Pilot AWD and it handled the snow great!  I only stopped once for bathroom breaks otherwise the kids napped, ate snacks or listened to an audio book.  I had packed sandwiches for dinner since we had a late start.

Chris only had two full days up in Quebec so we decided to go snow tubing as a family.  It was so much fun!  Our family tickets at Les Sommets snow tubing park were reasonably priced too.  



The rental house by locations du sommets was perfect and accommodated us all plus my friend and her family of plus her brother.  You can check it out all of their properties here.  The house was clean and was exactly as pictured on their website!

The local grocery store was amazing too.  My friend and I had so much fun cooking dinners together and the kids felt like it was one big sleepover!

This was such a fun week so if you are looking for a winter vacation spot check this area out!  There are plenty of restaurants, a few ski slopes and an outlet for shopping nearby too.

Comments