LEGO 7th birthday party!!

My son turned 7?!!  Holy smokes these kiddos are growing up fast!  I love throwing them birthday parties.  I have so much fun coming up with little DIY crafts and having them pick out an activity.  It is so much fun for me to sit down and plan it with them.  I’ll be sad when they decide they are too old for all these little diy craft birthday parties....so until then I’m going to enjoy it while I can!


This year my son wanted a LEGO party and to draw on t-shirts.  What I did was order youth small and youth medium t-shirts in bulk from Michaels and ordered a set of fabric markers off Amazon.  I printed off a LEGO figure and put it under each T-shirt to trace the outline with a black fabric pen.



A few other little DIYs were mini LEGO activity and coloring books, LEGO candy, LEGO crayons, LEGO car kits, LEGO water bottle wrappers and bake a cake.  I decided to skip making royal icing sugar cookies this year.

I ordered this LEGO compatible set with enough parts and wheels for each kid to build a car (Click here).  I used fold over sandwich bags and put in 4 wheels, 4 connectors, 1 steering wheel, 1 long piece (either 6, 8 or 12), 2 single pieces, and 2 double pieces.  Then put all the bags in a basket so when the kids came to the party they could each take 1 baggie and get to build their own car.

I found different LEGO images and LEGO activity sheets from various blogs and websites then cut and paste them onto adobe illustrator.  Then shrinking them I put four per page then printed it out.  The front and back cover I printed on cardstock paper in red, green, yellow, blue and white.  I cut them all in half then folded them in half.  Instead of trying to staple them I used my sewing machine to bind them!



The silicone LEGO mold was something I had ordered last year also off amazon but had not yet used.  It looks like it’s unavailable now (This is the one I ordered) but there are others similar to it.  Using Wilton’s candy melts in traditional LEGO colors - red, green, yellow and blue I made LEGO bricks and mini figures to decorate  his birthday cake!  Afterwards I took all our broken crayons and used the silicone molds to make LEGO bricks and mini figure crayons.  I packed 2 LEGO bricks and 1 mini figure in a candy bag then tied it with twine.








At the dollar tree I found LEGO brick type containers - 4 per package, paper plates, napkins and table cloths!

I used brown paper bags for party favors and put in a LEGO activity book, LEGO crayons and a LEGO container.  Each kid had decorated their own LEGO mini figure T-shirt as well as built their car to take home.


For food we bought McDonalds happy meals because their toy was supposed to be LEGO movie key chains but instead they gave us last months toy which was mouse trap :(. I made turkey avocado as well as ham and cheese sandwiches for the parents.  I also put out a veggie tray from Costco, sliced cheese and Triscuit crackers, mini Jello containers and water bottles.



We rented out a room at the local community center and set out some table cloths.  Since I had pre packaged the lego kits it was easy to hand out when the kids finished decorating their LEGO tshirts.  It seemed like everyone had a blast but most importantly my son loved it!




Comments