Make It Yourself! Dutch oven pork tenderloin

Costco has an amazing deal on boneless pork tenderloins last week.  $8 off per package!  Yes, you read that right.....$8 off PER package!  Limit 1 of course but still a fantastic deal so my husband and I each bought one.  I cut them up and ended up with 4 roasts and tons of pork chops.  I froze 2 of the roasts as well as the pork chops and marinated 2 of the roasts.

What I used:
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp sage
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp parsley
1 c olive oil

Mix all that up and put it in a ziplock Loc bag with the 2 pork roasts.  Put them in the refrigerater.  Next I cut up 6 carrots, 4 celery, 1 onion and 1/2 pack (8?)  baby bells mushrooms and split all the veggies into 2 bowls.


After about 2 hours, I pulled out the zip Loc bag from the fridge as well as my Dutch ovens (one is Staub and 1 is le creuset).  I heated up the Dutch ovens with some olive oil and browned the pork tenderloins on all sides.


I set them aside on a plate and deglazed the Dutch ovens with some red wine (about 1/2 c).  Pre heat the oven to 400f.  Next I poured 1 c chicken broth and let that simmer for a few mins.  Mixed in my veggies and then put the roast on top.



Almost done.....I patted some brown sugar on top of the roasts (about 2 tbsp) and put them in the oven with the lid on  for 30 mins.  I checked with my meat thermometer and it read 110f so I put it back in the oven for another 15 mins.  Depending on your cut of meat the cooking time will vary but I like to at least be at 150f before pulling them out of the oven.

This turned out so yummy and everyone loved it.  I’m so glad I tried adding some Dijon to my marinade.  These Dutch ovens are awesome!  They make it so much quicker to cook these meals compared to a baking sheet or pan  in the oven.  My family has already requested I make it again next week!

Comments