DIY baby teether/pacifier clip

I started noticing this trend of using wood and silicone for baby tethers when I had my son about 2 years ago.  My cousin sent me a silicone baby teether on a breakaway necklace for me to wear but for the baby to teeth on.  My son liked it almost as much as he loved his Sofia the girafffe.  That squeaky plastic giraffe was always with him and almost always getting dropped so I was determined to try and find a different one for this next newborn of mine.  Sofia the giraffe comes as a teether and it doesn’t squeak!  I love getting crafty whenever I can and was able to squeeze in a quick craft session to make these during nap time.  Amazon had some kits that were very reasonably priced with everything I would need.  I read a few blog posts on Pinterest to get some ideas and went from there.

I decided to start with 34” of cord and folded it in half making it 17”.  Take the loose ends and double knot it around the clip leaving 1” ends.  Then insert the loop or folded end through your bead.  Carefully thread the 1” ends inside that bead and pull tight towards the clip.  Continue threading beads until you get to about 3.5” from the loop.  Pull tight and double knot leaving about 3” to loop around your pacifier or teether.


During this nap time craft session I was able to make 3 of these.  They were quick and easy but I wanted to make sure things were tight and nothing could be slipped off.  I’m planning to gift a few of these along with a Sofia the giraffe teether so I hope my friends and their babies like them.  I will of course let them know I made them and to monitor their babies when using them just in case as wooden and silicone beads were used to make them.  I just love the mix of wood and silicone as well as the different color combinations you can create!  I hope my new little one enjoys his Sofia as much as my other son and I’m hoping this new pretty clip will keep it from falling to the ground too!

Comments