Lemon Bars 🍋

If you haven’t tried any recipes from the Magnolia Table cookbook by Joanna Gaines you should!  If you are only going to try one recipe this is definitely a contender!  It’s sweet, tart and oh so delicious.  My daughter loves to bake so this seemed like the perfect dessert for her to make.  She did a great job and my husband helped her put it in and take it out of the oven for her.  My family and I probably ate half of this lemon tart right out of the pan once it was cool enough to cut and serve.  It’s quick, easy and we had all the ingredients at home.


Here is her recipe.  The only change I made was adding lemon zest and 5 tbsp of lemon juice in addition to the juice of 1 lemon.  I like my lemon tarts to be tart and not too sweet!

For the crust mix together -
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 lb butter (2 sticks of butter)
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Butter 9 x 13 baking pan and press crust mixture into the pan.  Bake at 350f for 20 mins until golden.

For lemon filling -
2 c granulated sugar
4 eggs
5 tbsp lemon juice
Zest & juice from 1 lemon

Mix ingredients together and pour over crust in baking pan.  Tent foil over baking dish to prevent over browning.  Bake for 15 mins or until center is set.  Remove from oven to cool and top with powdered sugar.  Enjoy!!


Comments