Ninja gym 6th birthday party!

My son wanted to do a ninja gymnastics obstacle course for his 6th birthday party.  This was really easy to do since all I needed to do was book a gym nearby that had a ninja obstacle course and provide food.  I used a ninja image I found online to make his invites and take out box labels on adobe illustrator.  For his t shirt I used my circuit to cut black iron on vinyl.


Pinterest had a ton of great ideas and inspiration for me but I wanted to keep things simple.  His party was 4-5:30pm so not lunch nor dinner so snack and finger foods were my goals.  I made peanut butter and jelly roll ups as well as ham and cheese roll ups.  I did this by rolling thin the bread and then adding the peanut butter & jelly or a small piece of cheese and ham.  I bought a 12 pack of chicken breast wraps to put in the middle for any parents or kids that likes veggies and mayo on theirs.  While at Costco I picked up a box of Utz variety pack of individually packaged chips, veggie tray, horizon vanilla milk boxes, horizon chocolate milk boxes, Capri sun juice packs, and mini babybel cheese.






Instead of a cake I made vanilla cupcakes with red or white buttercream frosting.  I tried to make them look like ninja faces and used chocolate chips for the eyes.



The night before when I went to print the labels my good ole printer died :( but that's ok I had printed out the labels for the take out boxes already.   I usually pin up a happy birthday pennant banner but less is more, right?  In the take out favor boxes I made fruit the by foot and rice krispy 'sushi' rolls and put in two Chinese fortune cookies.  I ordered ninja water bottles from Oriental trading company.  Their ninja headbands were just white cotton strips that I cut out and they wrote their names and decorated them with colored sharpies.




Comments