RH Inspired Pipe Shelves!

Restoration Hardware no longer carries these modern industrial looking shelves but regardless they were pretty pricey to say the least.  I love the look of them but not the price tag!

This project is super easy and quick!   Measure out the space so you know how much wood you need.  For this particular project I had a scrap piece of wood that worked perfect for the empty wall space on my kitchen wall!  We cut it in half and sanded it down so the edges of the wood were smooth.  I didn't bother to stain, distress and/or seal but you could if you wanted a certain wood color or look.


We went to Home Depot and picked up 1/2" pipes that were 10" long, 1/2" floor phalanges and 1/2" end caps from their plumbing department.  I needed 4 of each and since they were already black I didn't even need to spray paint them.  The floor phalanges got screwed into the wall with 4 screws each (those we already had).  We marked out where each was going and used a level to make sure it was straight.  We also weren't able to match the wall studs on both sides so one side needed drywall anchors before attaching 2 of the floor phalanges.


Then attach the pipes and finally the end caps.  Remove any stickers and lay the wooden boards on top.



Done!  Well then someone has to clean up.  I snapped this picture before I cleaned up the drywall mess....

Comments