Greek Chicken Souvlaki and Greek beef meatballs


This is one of the best chicken recipes I have made.  It's quick, easy and tastes delicious!  I found the recipe on a blog called Closet Cooking and it can be found here.  I used boneless skinless chicken breasts from costco and cut them up into bite pieces.

To marinate the chicken breasts I basically used her recipe:
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 tbsp yogurt
1/4c olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces

Mix all of the ingredients and put them into sealed container and marinate overnight.
The next day I took out the meat and grilled it until cooked.


I also decided I wanted to make greek beef meatballs since I had ground beef on hand.  I found a recipe on a blog called Kayln's Kitchen and the recipe can be found here.  I used ground beef from costco that I had previously separated and frozen.

For the beef meatballs I used her recipe and did the following:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, finely chopped in food processor
1 tbsp greek seasoning (1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp lemon zest)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Put onion in food processor and pulse until onion is finely chopped.  Add seasonings and pulse until blended.

In a separate bowl mix onion-seasonings with ground beef.  Once mixed together scoop out and form meatballs.  Bake meatballs in the oven or cook them in a pan over medium high heat.  Turning them to brown evenly.

Serve the chicken souvlaki and greek meatballs with pitas or iceberg lettuce cups, sliced cherry tomatoes, olives, sliced onions, and top tzatziki sauce.  Enjoy!!



Comments