Easy Diy chalkboard using a cabinet door!

This was by far the easiest DIY project I've done!  Plus it was all free!

There was a damaged new bathroom vanity on the sidewalk that was being discarded in front of a new house in my neighborhood.  I couldn't leave well enough alone so I asked and the workers said I could take the doors off.  I'm sure they thought I was a bit crazy but it was free and I knew I could find something to do with it!

I took it home and put on a coat of valspars black chalkboard paint.  I still had the can from my neighbor!  Plus she was with me when I got the door and told me I could use it for this project as well.  Let me tell you, that small can goes a long way!   Then, I let it dry overnight and put on a second coat.  That's it!  In retrospect the chalkboard paint would be smoother if I used a roller but I was just too excited and slapped it on with a sponge brush.  I could also paint the trim but I like the way it looks as is.  What do you think?


Comments