Diy pallet bookshelf

Another thrift wood project!  This pallet bookshelf was perfect for my daughters room!  I found a pallet discarded in my neighborhood and took it home.  I googled around looking for ideas and saw a few bookshelves that looked easy to do.  This is what I ended up doing and I think it turned out great for my first pallet project!


I pried off a board with my hammer and put that aside.  It's not as easy as everyone online blogs about but I was able to finally get one off without splitting it.  

Next, I used my circular saw to cut through the pallet two slates apart.  After that I cut off the end pieces so it would be flat.  I took the pallet board I had pried off and attached it to the bottom of this new 'shelf' with my brad nailer.  

That's pretty much it!  I sanded everything down and covered it all with a coat of white paint.  I decided to finish it off by stenciling 'books' with gray paint.  


Comments