Make It Yourself! Vegetarian Red Quinoa Salad

My hubby picked up a quinoa salad from Costco last month and it was oh so yummy!  There was bit of crunch, a bit of salty and sour and it hit the spot.  It looked simple enough to replicate so I decided to give it a go.  This isn't the same as the Costco one but my hubby and I really like it.  I love it because this is super simple.



What you'll need:
1 c quinoa (uncooked)
1/2 English cucumber (or regular one)
1/2 onion, diced
1 tomato 
1/2 can chickpeas
1/4 c crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 c oil (I used grapeseed oil this time)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice 
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

What I did:
In a small pot, I cooked my red quinoa, check your pkg instructions.  I usually use 1/2 c less water than instructed and I cook it 3 mins less than instructed.  This way there is no water left at the end.  Put cooked quinoa in large bowl and set aside.


In a small bow I whisked together my oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Then set aside and chop up the remaining ingredients.

I quartered the cucumber and cut out the  seeds and then sliced it up.  I did the same with the tomato.  Put cucumber and tomato into the large bowl of cooked quinoa.

Then I diced 1/2 an onion and stirred it into the quinoa/cucumber/tomato mixture.

Next I opened and drained out the can of chickpeas.  I added 1/2 can into my quinoa mixture.

Finally, I mixed in my oil dressing and 1/4 c crumbled feta cheese into my quinoa mixture until everything was mixed together.  

Covered and placed my bowl of quinoa salad into the refrigerator and I think it tastes best after sitting in the fridge overnight.  Hope you all like this quick and easy recipe.  Enjoy!!  

Comments