Make it Yourself! Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich


Another one of my husbands favorite places to grab breakfast sandwiches is Starbucks, he likes their Veggie & Monterey Jack Artisan Breakfast Sandwich.  So, for another Make it Yourself post I wanted to give this a go and see if I could make something similar.


Ingredients:
8 eggs
1/4c milk (I used 2%)
1/2 bell pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes

What I did:
Dice bell pepper and onion.  

Crack eggs into large bowl and whisk in milk then add all the remaining ingredients.

Spray baking pan (I used a 9x13 glass baking pan) and pour in egg mixture.

Bake in the oven @ 350F for 25 mins.  Meanwhile slice and toast your bread (I used ciabatta bread but next time I may use english muffins).

Pull out and let cool then cut into 6 or 8 equal pieces depending on your bread.

Once cooled, assemble your breakfast sandwich with a slice of cheese (I used muenster since I had that already but next time I'll pick up some Monetary pepper jack cheese) and a piece of egg.

Wrap in a paper towel and place into freezer bag.

Let me know how you like this....Enjoy!!

*Reheat in microwave for 45 seconds on each side.

Comments