Make Ahead! Mexican Pizza Muffins

These mexican pizza muffins may be small but they are tasty!  I think that these are a perfect small portioned snack/meal for the days you just want a burrito or soft taco but not the hassle or mess of assembling them.  Not only are these quick and easy to make..... they freeze and reheat well too!  I originally found this recipe on the blog dashing dish.com which can be found here


Ingredients:
3-4 tortillas or enough to cut out 12 small circles
1 c cooked ground beef or meat of your choice (I used ground beef)
1/2 c salsa (I used costco organic salsa)
2 tsp dry taco seasoning
1/2 c low fat refried beans
1/2 c shredded mexican blend cheese
sliced black olives

Using a can, cookie cutter or any circular shape, cut tortillas into small circles.  I was able to get 4 small circles out of each tortilla by folding it into fourths then cutting out the circles (I used mission burrito sized tortillas from costco).

In large bowl mix together ground beef, refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning.

Spray muffin tins with cooking spray so tortillas won't stick (I used silicone muffin tins so I didn't need to do this step).

Line each muffin tin with a small circular tortilla.  Press down and around to shape it.


Using a generous tbsp measuring utensil, I filled each muffin tin then pressed down lightly.

Top with shredded mexican blend cheese and sliced olives.


Bake in oven @ 425F for 15 mins.

Let cool before removing from muffin tin and plating.


Comments