DIY Christmas goodies




For Christmas goodies I decided to make Chocolate almond biscotti.  I used the extra treat bags I had purchased for my baby shower as well as some christmas ones but they are basically the same as the ones I made for my baby shower.  I edited the tags that my best friend Priscilla designed for my baby shower with fun Christmas colors and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.  They actually turned out really good!  

Here is the recipe (found it on all recipe.com):
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c almonds

Cream butter and 1 c sugar, adding eggs one at a time until well beaten.  Stir in vanilla.

Combine dry ingredients then add to creamed mixture.  Stir in almonds.

Line baking sheet and divide dough in half, spreading into 2-12 inch x 3 inch rectangles.

Brush with milk.

Bake at 375F for 15-20 mins or until golden.

Remove and cool.

Reduce heat in oven to 300F.

After rectangles have cooled slice and place cut side down on baking sheet.  Bake 10 mins then turn and bake another 10 mins.  Remove from heat and cool.

Enjoy!

Comments