Potato Soup

The weather has been a bit chilly so it's the perfect time for soups so another soup recipe it is.  This time I thought I'd give a creamy potato soup a try.  Plus anything with bacon always turns out great, right?  I'm sure you could use any type of cheese you prefer but I used gryere, emmentaler and parmesan which turned out fantastic however I'm thinking next time I might try cheddar cheese and colby.



Ingredients:
3 russet potatoes, halved and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c milk
1/4 c flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried basil
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 c gryere cheese, shredded
1/2 c emmentaler cheese, shredded
1/4 c parmesan cheese, shreeded

Directions:

In large pot whisk together milk, flour, salt, pepper and basil. 

Stir in potatoes, garlic and bacon.

Cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Stir in shredded cheese, handfuls at a time, until melted.  

Makes about 6 servings.  Garnish with your choice, in this case my hubby wanted more bacon!

Comments