Quick & Easy - Beef bourguigon slow cooker



Tonight dinner was beef bourguigon and it was really simple since I put it in the crockpot to slow cook all day!  I basically followed this recipe from The Recipecritic and adjudged it slightly to what I had at home.



I bought beef chuck from Costco and used half.  The main variation is I skipped the soy and flour because my son is allergic and added Worchestershire sauce.  I used the remaining half of our red wine from the night before.

Here is what I used:

- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 3 lbs of beef chuck, cubed
- 2 c red wine
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp thyme, dried
- 1 Tbsp parsley, dried
- 1 Tbsp oregano, dried
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 8oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced

Here is what I did:

Heat pan and cook bacon until crispy.  Transfer bacon into crock pot.  Sear beef chuck pieces and put into crock pot.  Pour red wine into pan to deglaze then mix in chicken broth and tomato paste.  In crockpot put in the rest of the ingredients except mushrooms (optional).  Add in sauce and set on low for 6-8 hours.  1 hour before serving pan fry mushrooms then add into crockpot.




Comments