Make It Yourself! Potato, cheese, onion & green chili casserole


I’ve seen lots of different variations of chili relleno but this quick & easy casserole will hit the spot!  I made chicken enchiladas with las palmas green chili sauce the other night and had about 1 cup leftover.  I decided to throw together this casserole for my father in law since it’s one of his favorite dishes to order at a local Mexican restaurant back home.

Ingredients:
4-6 small russet potatoes
1 can diced green chilis
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 c las palmas green chili sauce (optional)
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c Parmesan cheese or white cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder (divided)
Salt & pepper

I peeled them boiled 4 small russet potatoes in salted water until I could put my fork in it.  I didn’t want it too mushy!  Drained them and then sliced up the potatoes.  Next I sliced up a medium onion and then cut them in half.  I got out shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, 1 can green diced chilis and a small rectangular glass dish.  I layered beginning with 1/2 c las palmas green chili sauce, potatoes, onions, pinch of salt/pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 can of diced green chilis and cheese (1/4 c of cheddar & 1/8 c Parmesan).  Repeat layering - I did two layers in total tonight.

Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 30 mins.  Uncover and bake for another 20 mins.  Let sit for 15 mins before serving.  Enjoy!!

Comments

Post a Comment