Quick & Easy Sausage Pancake Muffins!


This morning I whipped up a yummy and easy grab and go breakfast. On the weekends I usually make bacon or breakfast sausage, pancakes and eggs but this morning as I’m stirring the ingredients in for pancakes I thought I’d try something different.  I always follow the recipe on the back of the Bisauik box for their Ultimate pancakes then I usually add an extra 1/4C of milk (we use 2% milk).

I’ve been making our breakfast sausage from scratch ever since I found the recipe for breakfast sandwiches (click Here) and they’ve turned out well every single time.  The only difference is I halved the recipe and I didn’t need to form the meat into  patties.  After mixing in the spices, I put all the seasoned ground pork in the pan and cooked over medium high heat.  After it was cooked, I transferred the breakfast sausage onto a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the fat.

Ingredients for sausage patties/breakfast sausage:
2lbs lean ground pork or turkey
1 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp brown sugar


Then I got out my silicone cupcake pans and filled them halfway with pancake batter.  I added a spoonful of breakfast sausage meat on top of each one.  After making a dozen with breakfast sausage my kids asked me to make chocolate chip and plain pancake.   I added 6 chocolate chips into 8 and left the last 4 plain pancake.




Stir in the breakfast sausage or chocolate chips then put the trays in the oven at 350F for 15 mins and voila!



2 dozen pancake muffins in whatever variety you decide to make.  Next time I plan to double the recipe and make 4 dozen so I can freeze some.


Comments