Instapot Chicken Corn Soup


Tonight I used my instapot for another successful soup!  This is one of my favorite Christmas presents to date.  I found a recipe I liked on a blog called The Recipe Critic and her original recipe can be found Here.  I adapted it based on what I had on hand and the rest I either modified or added because it sounded like a good idea.

Here’s what I did:

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 4 carrots, chopped
  • 4 celery, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 cup chicken broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup half and half cream
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 4 peppercorns
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
  • 3 cups corn, whole kernals 
  • 2 tbsp Pace salsa
  • 1/2 of a whole rotisserie

I pushed the button on my instapot to set it in sauté mode and melted the butter.  Next, I added in my veggies and sautéed until soft.  After that I added in all the remaining ingredients.  I used half of a Costco rotisserie chicken that I had from the freezer.  I set it for 20 minutes on soup/broth pressure cook mode and double checked I had the vent closed on top.


One of the features I like about the instapot is that it truly is a one pot meal.  The stainless steel pot makes an easy clean up as I’ll rinse it then put it in the dishwasher!  One of the downsides is that it takes about 15 mins to get up to pressure before the timer will begin counting down on the actual cook time.  I don’t think a lot of the pins on Pinterest or on other blogs are taking that into consideration.  When I say cook time I mean once the instapot is up to pressure soon real time it’ll take longer than 20 mins from start to finish.  It definitely will save you time because this soup would’ve taken at least 2 hours in the stovetop to cook down and occasional stirring.  This allows me to set it and forget it.  The instapot auctomatically switches to keep warm but actually keeps the soup hot!  Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have.  Let me know what you think.




Comments