DIY Hello Kitty 6th birthday Party!

My daughter loves Hello Kitty so it was no surprise that when it came time to plan her party she asked for a Hello Kitty Theme.  We chose The Jumpy Place and it was a awesome!  Inside you must wear socks and there is a party area just off to the side of all the jumpy sections.  Their party package included the table cloths, plates, napkins, and 3 balloons.  The staff was really friendly and helpful and I think all the kids had a great time!


Here are a bunch of little diy things that I did to make it Hello Kitty themed for her birthday.  (Ignore the milk carton and sandwich I forgot to remove them before taking a picture!)  I printed out 2 hello kitty images and taped one on the table and one the wall.  The little food labels were also printed on computer paper and I just wrote in what was in the sandwiches.


For the food:  I made turkey, ham, and pb&j sandwiches.  Fruit skewers were made up of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and grapes.  From costco I bought a large box of individually packaged chips, bottled water (I printed off hello kitty labels that can be found here and here), and horizons regular 2% and chocolate milk cartons.


DIY happy birthday pennant is the same I used for their previous birthdays just different colored card stock paper.  I used the triangle template to cut out the card stock then printed out the letters to say Happy 6th Birthday Kayla onto computer paper.  I cut out the circles and glued them onto the card stock triangles.  This year instead of stringing the pennant we just taped them on the wall.  (tutorial can be found here).


The hot pink number 6 is made out of hot pink tissue pom poms that I taped onto a cardboard cut out of the number 6 (tutorial can be found here).





This year I decided to make her birthday cake rather than buy one.  I did buy a hello kitty cupcake kit which had the hello kitty candy and hello kitty cupcake toppers but I used those on the sandwiches instead.

I bought a box of dunkin hines pink and yellow cake mix and just followed the directions on the box.  I used a home made brownie recipe for the third layer (recipe can be found here).  For all 3 layers I used my spring foam circular pan and let them cool.  Then starting with the brownie layer I cut off the top so it would sit flat then I added a thin layer of cream cheese frosting and worked my way up then I frosted it all around.


I used leftover red royal icing from her goody bag cookies to write Happy Birthday Kayla right onto the plate.  


These were her goody bags.  I printed off the labels to say Thank You For Coming To Kayla's 6th Birthday!  I also printed off labels for the bubbles that I purchased from the dollar section in target that said Thank You!  Kayla.  We had a pack of hello kitty tattoos at home that I threw in to give to each child.








I made round sugar cookies frosted with white royal icing and red sprinkles as well as hello kitty sugar cookies frosted with white royal icing, red royal icing for the bow, yellow m & m for the nose, and black royal icing for the eyes.  I used a black frosting pen for the whiskers.  Tutorial for sugar cookies with royal icing can be found here.

All the kids seemed really happy with their goody bags and Kayla was so happy her friends could celebrate her birthday with her.  We can't believe our little girl is now 6!

Comments