Diy Baby Gift - Minky quilt, bib and burp cloth

Recently I made a mink quilt blanket for my dear friend Andrea.  She had her baby boy a few months ago so I was a bit late in sending these little home hand made gifts but I'm pretty sure she will forgive me!


I picked out some flannel and matching minky colors then cut out 6" squares.  Then I laid out all my pieces to create diagonal lines and pinned the pieces in rows.


I sewed each square RST together as a row then connected them to create the blanket.


For the back, I measured out a piece of blue minky and used bias tape to cover the raw edges.  I think it turned out pretty good and I hope her little baby boy likes it!


I also made a matching bib with the leftover flannel and minky fabric.  I used bias tape around the bib to use as the string to tie behind the neck and to cover the raw edges.  Then I made a couple burp cloths with the leftover flannel and new Gerber cloth diapers that I had pre washed.


Comments