Quick & Easy Cheese Biscuits


I constantly hear people rave about Red Lobsters cheesy biscuits and I've even seen the mix on sale at Costco but I'm not driving all the way there for biscuits and I don't really want to fork out the money to buy a box of biscuit mix.  I would much rather make it myself especially when I already have the ingredients needed for the recipe!  It may be a bit more work but I think it's worth the effort.  I searched around online and finally found a recipe that is so so yummy!!  These are so easy my 5 year could almost make them all by herself!  (I had to mix some of it since it has cold butter you cut into the mix and I don't think she's old enough to put them in the hot oven)


Here's the recipe I used from a link I found on abcnews.com.

For the biscuits you will need only these ingredients:
2 1/2 c biscuik
3/4 c cold milk
4 tbsp cold butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

For the topping you will need (you could choose to skip this step but I think it tastes better with it):
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt (optional since I used salted butter)


Measure out biscuik in large bowl then cut in butter with pastry cutter or large fork.  It's ok the leave small chunks of butter!  Add in cheese, milk and garlic powder.  You can mix by hand or continue with large fork but don't over mix!


Preheat oven to 400f and place large spoonfuls onto baking sheet.  They don't need to be rolled and shaped.  Bake for 15 mins or until golden.


Melt 2 tbsp butter in microwave safe bowl then mix in parsley and garlic powder.  Brush on top of the biscuits either before or after baking them.  (I have done it both ways and they are great either way)



Pretty easy right?!  They are delish and the kiddos liked them too!





Comments