Up cycled men's dress shirt into girls dress!

Part of my news years resolution was to buy less and make more out of what we have!  My husband cleaned out his drawers and closer to get rid of clothes he didn't fit into or didn't wear anymore.  This gave me quite a bit of material to work with.

This was my first project from his clothes.  One of his dress shirts was stained and I wasn't able to clean it....I googled a few ideas on what to do and found some cute dress ideas for my daughter.  I had a pattern on hand so it was just a matter of figuring out where to cut.


I cut up along the sides of the shirt then pinned down the pattern and cut right under the collar.  The length was perfect for her!  For the sleeves I was able to cut along the finished edge.  After I cut out all my pieces, I sewed the sleeves to the front and back.  Threaded the casing through the sleeves and sewed up the armhole and sides of the dress.  Then I sewed the casing for the elastic along the collar and finished the dress by threading elastic through.  


It was really easy to do and I think it turned out great!  Plus I made it in time for her to wear this spring.  I think I may make her a few more out of different shirts.....

Comments

Post a Comment