Diy Hair Clip Holder


Another thrifty diy wood project!  I collected a few pieces of discarded wood trim from around my neighborhood construction discard bins and decided I would give this a go.  In retrospect a miter saw would have saved me lots of time but I just did this freehand.


I took two pieces of trim and penciled in my cut line for 45 degree angle.  Used my circular saw and cut them.  Took those pieces and used them as a guide to cut two more.  Then I matched them up, squared them off and sanded them down until the corners met.  Put wood glue in all the corners and brad nailed it from the outside.  Flipped it around and staple gunned along the seams.  They all matched up pretty well except for one corner.  I think it was pretty good considering it was done free handed and was my first 'frame'!


Next I painted my new frame.  When it was dry I staple gunned ribbon to the edges about 1.5" apart.  Then I measured and cut out a piece of fabric. 


I put fabric glue along the edges of the frame then fit my piece of fabric on top.  I finished it off with staples all around to secure it.



Lastly, I stapled down a piece of ribbon on both sides and tied it at the top to 'hang' it.  Then I clipped on some hair clips to the ribbon and used a wreath hanger to hang it on the door of my daughter closet!

Comments