Diy Life sized Jenga!

There is this awesome food truck park about 30 minutes north of us here in San Antonio called The Block.  They have a great set up!  It is a semi enclosed lot with food trucks that change out weekly, a grassy area for the kids to run around, a huge wooden connect four (my kids love to play with), and on some of the picnic tables there are bins of oversized Jenga blocks to play with.  After eating there a few times and seeing how much my kids loved the Jenga blocks I decided to make my own set.


After googling diy jenga sets I saw just how easy this was to do!  I looked on wikipedia and found out that "the name jenga is derived from a Swahili word meaning 'to build'.  Jenga is played with 54 wooden blocks.  Each block is three times as long as its width, and one fifth as thick as its length 1.5 x 2.5 x 7.5 cm (0.59 x 0.98 x 2.95 in)."  So I headed down to my local Lowe's and picked out 6 - 2x4's which I had cut down to 10.5" long.  Now, I can't say every Lowe's has as nice of an employee as this one had but he did ALL my cuts for my Jenga game set!


All that was left to do was to sand them down (which I got my hubby to do with his hand held power sander).  My kids as well as the neighbors kids have loved playing with the Jenga blocks either organized for a real round of Jenga or just for fun to build things.  Quick, easy and the best part is it only cost about $17!

Comments