DIY Scrub Hat










I work as an RN in the surgery department and everyone has these cute fabric scrub hats.  I think all of the nurses have gone out to buy them online but they run from $13-19 each.  I have tons of fabric from previous sewing projects and projects I haven't gotten to yet so I decided to give it a try.  Why not?  I've got all the supplies on hand.

What you need:
1/2 yd Fabric
Pattern:  20" circle and 16" head piece
Pins
Scissors
Ruler
7" Thin elastic
Sewing machine

Directions:
Layout circle pattern onto fabric, pin down and cut out.

Repeat with head piece pattern.

On the wrong side of the fabric, fold head piece pattern and mark the middle.

On the wrong side of the fabric make half marks on both sides of the circle.  Then take ruler and mark off 1" segments along one half of the circle.
Pin down 1" segments to make creases along that half of the circle.


Continue along until all segments are pinned down within that half of the circle.

Sew along edge to secure folds and remove pins.

Sew casing for elastic on the back half of circle (part not folded).  Thread thin elastic through casing and secure on both sides.



Comments